Revelstone Cape (Pty) Ltd is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of personal information about our customers, suppliers, third party providers and employees. This Policy explains how we protect and use the personal information you provide to us when purchasing our products or services. We regularly re-evaluate our policy and adapt it where necessary to deal with new challenges.
As far as possible we collect personal information directly from the data subject or their authorised representatives. Where possible, we will classify information that is required to provide to us and what information is optional.
We will treat your personal information as confidential and take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. We will only disclose your personal information if:
- the law requires us to do so;
- it is in the public interest to do so;
- our interests require disclosure;
- you have given us your consent; or
- it is necessary to conclude or perform under a contract or to provide a solution to you.
1. In line with the 8 Conditions in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (the Act), we:
- Accept responsibility and accountability to lawfully process and protect your Personal Information when providing our products and services to you;
- Undertake to receive and process only the Personal Information that is necessary for the purpose to assist you with your required services, conclude the agreements and consider the legitimate legal interests of everyone concerned,
- We respect your right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Information;
- Undertake not to share or further process your Personal Information with anyone if not required by law or in accordance with the contractual agreement in place;
- Undertake to be open and transparent and notify you as and when required by law regarding why and how your Personal Information needs to be collected;
- Undertake to safeguard and protect your Personal Information in our possession;
Undertake to confirm what Personal Information we have about you, to update and correct the Personal Information, and to keep it for no longer than legally required, unless you have consented to a longer period.
2. We may need to share your Personal Information and/or utilise software or online platforms to enter and process your information for an application, claims, or business management purposes. This will only be done in strict adherence to the requirements of the Act.
3. Your privacy is not for sale
We do not and will not sell your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time. Revelstone Cape (Pty) Ltd uses and discloses your personal information as follows:
- to analyse site usage and improve the Service;
- to deliver alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Service;
- To enable us to improve your experience on the website
- To improve and develop new products, features and services
- To allow us to personalise the advertising users see, based on their personal characteristics or preferences
- For statistical and other purposes
- For marketing purposes, where permitted by existing South African legislation, and according to restrictions prescribed by the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services; and
5. You can delete your information
Your information belongs to you. You can remove it anytime you want. When you request us to delete your personal Information or cancel the product/service, your data will be permanently deleted and/or de-identified from our records and further access to your account or the service will not be possible.
Where we are required by law to keep record of your information or are unable to action your request, we will notify you of the reasons for this.
6. Your information is secure
We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your information and to protect the accounts and systems from unauthorised access.
7. IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and business partners. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a “cookie file” which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. “Cookies” refers to information that is sent from our website to your hard drive where it is saved and contains information to personalise your experience on our website. In this way, the next time you use our website, we will know who you are and that you have visited our website before.
They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They also enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences and allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Queries and complaints
Any additional information or concerns can be found and raised with the Information Regulator, who can be contacted on the details below, but please feel free to contact us first to discuss any questions or concerns you may have: